Deadline: September 14, 2021
Applications are open for the
African Young Woman Leaders Fellowship 2021. In brief, this is a one year (non-renewable) vacancy, fellowship assignment, therefore African women should make good use of this opportunity.
Also, for the second cohort (2021-2022), UNDP will work with the AUC and AU member states to enhance women’s leadership and representation in public and private institutions through targeted leadership training and capacity development to promote the participation of young women in decision-making.
Hence, we are recruiting for fellowships located at UNDP Headquarters in New York, a UNDP regional or country office or possibly in UN secretariat or the African Union Commission.
In conclusion, The fellowship, which was established within the framework of the AUC Chairperson’s 1 million by 2021 Initiative, aims to provide opportunities for African youth in key areas. These include education, employment, entrepreneurship, and engagement, as well as the inclusion of youth and women in critical development spaces.
As part of the fellowship assignment, the fellow will benefit from the following training and learning opportunities listed below:
- Firstly, fellows selected will participate in a dedicated induction workshop in Addis Ababa (early 2022) hosted jointly by AUC and UNDP (all costs covered).
- Selected fellows will have access to an earmarked learning budget for relevant learning/development activities.
- The selected fellows will participate in regular mentorship by senior UNDP staff.
- Selected fellows will participate in a transformative leadership development training programme jointly developed by AUC and UNDP.
- In addition, those fellows selected will received support from UNDP on other corporate learning and development activities.
- Lastly, the selected fellow will also received relevant training and learning modalities/opportunities offered in the receiving office.
However, we are looking for engaged young African women who match UNDP’s values, the eligibility values include:
- Mutual Respect
- Results Orientation (Through Principled Performance)
For more information visit: UNDP Career