Deadline: October 8, 2021
Applications are open for the Halcyon Incubator Fellowship – Spring 2022. Apply to to join a community of global impact innovators. Halcyon Fellowships equip early-stage social entrepreneurs with tools and relationships they need to achieve scalable, lasting impact.
They are currently accepting applications for:
- Halcyon’s Flagship Residential Fellowship: The fellowship that launched the Halcyon Incubator in 2014 has supported over 100 inspiring founders and their ventures. Sector agnostic, open to early-stage social entrepreneurs from around the world, and offered in-person during a 5-month (February – July 2022) residency in Washington, DC.
- Africa Intensive Fellowship: The newest fellowship! Developed exclusively for social entrepreneurs from Sub-Saharan Africa. Offered in partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS), fellows receive an extensive range of AWS resources including access to solutions architects, training, certification, and cloud credits. Hybrid format with a virtual experience and a one-week in-person Washington, DC residency in February 2022.
- Opportunity Intensive Fellowship: Designed for social entrepreneurs living in or primarily serving government-designated Opportunity Zones in the Washington, DC metropolitan area (including suburban Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Baltimore). Ventures receive holistic support designed to close funding gaps. Offered in a hybrid format, including monthly virtual programming throughout the year and two weeks of in-person residency in summer 2022.
- Equity free stipend.
- Final showcase to pitch Halcyon community members, investors & strategic partners.
- Pro-bono support from Halcyon’s legal, business, consulting, and technical partners including Fortune 500 companies and entrepreneurs who successfully scaled their businesses.
- Mentorship and leadership coaching.
- AWS cloud credits & training.
- Skill development and capacity building programming.
- Five months housing and workspace in Washington, DC (Flagship Residential Fellowship only).
- Lifelong community of global impact innovators.
- Halcyon team members who are always there to cheer for you and your impact.
- Candidates must lead an early-stage for-profit or hybrid social business that solves a social and/or environmental issue and has the potential to grow and scale (both the business and the impact)
- Candidates must hold primary decision-making power in the growth and strategic vision of their social business, typically as a founder and CEO (ventures with multiple founders may apply with up to two co-founders)
- Candidates will contribute to the growth and development of the Halcyon Fellow community by sharing your talents, expertise, and empathy with your peers
- Candidates must be ready to travel to Washington, DC and stay at Halcyon for the duration of their residency. For the Flagship Residential Fellowship this is for five months (February- July 2022), Africa Intensive Fellowship this is for approximately one week (tentatively February 16-25, 2022), Opportunity Intensive for two weeks tentatively scheduled for summer 2022
- Applicants for the Flagship Residential Fellowship may live and work anywhere in the world, Africa Intensive applicants must be currently based in Sub-Saharan Africa, applicants for the Opportunity Intensive must be living in and/or primarily serving a government-designated Opportunity Zone in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Applications are judged and selected based on the following six criteria:
- Impact: Successful applicants demonstrate a significant impact as a core part of their venture. They look for impact both in terms of how impactful the core product or service is, and how scalable is the model to spread this impact.
- Problem/Solution: Does your venture identify a real and pressing problem and propose a viable solution? Strong applications effectively and narrowly define a pain point and outline a solution that addresses the pain point.
- Sustainability: They are looking for innovative social ventures that sell a core product or service to achieve impact.
- Execution: The application is the first introduction; get off on the right foot. Successful applicants have a big vision but also pay careful attention to detail.
- Innovation: How is your solution to a problem different from current solutions? What sets you apart? They value audacious ideas that disrupt the status quo and move the needle on 21st century challenges. Think big!
- Talent: Do you have what it takes to lead your venture to success? Strong applicants exhibit characteristics of extraordinary leadership: vision, intelligence, resilience, and follow-through.
For more information visit: Halcyon Incubator