Deadline: December 23, 2021
Entries are open for the NERC Electricity Essay Challenge 2021. The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is now accepting entries from SS2 students in Nigeria for its annual essay competition. (The Topic is: Electricity Theft and its Implications for the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI).
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry.
The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations, and set cost-reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its headquarters in Abuja and has currently six zonal offices in the six geopolitical zones of the country.
Fantastic prizes to be won by:
- First Position
- Second Position
- Third Position and lots of consolation prizes for other participants too.
- This competition is open to ONLY SS2 students in Nigeria.
- Essay of not less than 450 words and not more than 500 words.
- All submissions must contain the name of the student, FULL home and school addresses, email address, and contact phone number.
- Entries must reach the address below on or before 5pm, 23rd August 2021. Any entry submitted after the above stipulated time will be disqualified.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their essays by email to: email@example.com
In an A4 envelop properly sealed and addressed as follows:
2021 Essay Competition,
Consumer Affairs Division,
Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,
NERC HOUSE, Plot 1387,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Behind BOA House, Abuja
For more information visit: NERC Electricity Essay Challenge