President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced major plans to provide relief to poor households and businesses, as as part of the government’s efforts to #RebuildSouthAfrica measures to help South Africa rebuild.
To provide relief to poor households:
The SRD Grant (Social Relief of Distress Grant) monthly payment of R350 will be reinstated until the end of March 2022 and will be expanded to include unemployed caregivers who currently receive a Child Support Grant to apply.
To help businesses to bounce back:
– SASRIA (South African Special Risks Insurance Association) payments will be expedited for all valid claims.
– Support will be provided to uninsured small businesses.
– The UIF will support employees of businesses that were affected by the violence in KZN and Gauteng.
– The Employment Tax Incentives will be expanded to include all employees earning below R6500 a month.
– Payment of PAYE and excise taxes will be differed for three months.